Sunday, August 30, 2015

Fish Net - Lake DeGray, Arkansas






Barely just east of Dallas County. The wifey and me had absolutely nutten to do this weekend. So it was time for a road trip. After a few minutes of thought, I came up with the idea to eat dinner at the Fish Net. We have been eating fish in this place for about 27 years. At one point, this was our favorite fish place. Of course that was before Doe Belly's. Just down the road from Fish Net is Lake DeGray state park. This is a beautiful park with a very nice lake. We have been coming here for years.

We ordered a small  catch each. This comes with a setup which is pinto beans, green tomatoes, hush puppies and cold slaw. The pinto beans have a nice flavor to them. Tonight they were a little salty, but very good. How can a redneck like green tomatoes, but not like regular tomatoes? One of the many mysteries of my life.  These are some good green tomatoes. You get a whole basket of hush puppies. I think at fish places from now on, the wifey will be referred to as Hushpuppy!!!, like she is chipper in Mexican restaurants. We ate the WHOLE basket of hush puppies. Man these are some good eats rat here. I was forced to eat cabbage as a kid, so as an adult I don't plan on eating any cabbage, which I believe cold slaw is made from. So not a fan of cold slaw, but I tasted this one just for your benefit. It was pretty good. I still won't eat because of my childhood trauma, but put that aside and it was good. So the setup gets a go.

The fish here is not as good as it has been. It had somewhat of a funny taste. The breading didn't taste like any breading I have ever had and that is not a good thing. Also, I would guess that the fish is from pretty large catfish. At Doe Belly's you basically get a side of a fish, not a small part of a large fish. I think size has an effect on taste. I may not be right, but that is my thought.

We have so many good memories here, I am sure we will be back.

Givem an 7.218.

Mitcho
©2015





















No comments:

Post a Comment