Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Torchy's Taco - Casa Linda






I had decided that tonight after dinner we would go to White Rock Lake in Dallas to walk. If you haven't walked in the evening here, you should try it. Make sure you go to the West side. The East side is in the sun most of the way. So we needed to eat dinner in Casa Linda. So I suggested Torchy's Tacos, El Fenix or Highland Park Cafeteria. The wifey chose Torchy's Tacos. Now she had been here before, but it was a first for me. So we did the merengue to Torchy's Tacos.

I had to take a few minutes to study the menu. I finally settled on 3 tacos. So it is time to order. First I ordered a "Trailer Park" taco. She asked me if I wanted it "Trashy or not"? Say what. She really isn't asking a Redneck food Blogger if he wanted his Trailer Park taco trashy!!!!!! I couldn't script this any better. Of course I want it Trashy, whatever that means. The Trailer Park taco is a fried chicken breast, green chilies, lettuce, pico de gallo and cheese on a flour tortilla. The taco also came with a jalapeno ranch sauce, which I poured most of it on the taco. Wow, I didn't expect this taco to be that good. I will be eating more of these.

My second taco is the Republican and the third was a Democrat. It is kind of interesting the Democrat taco costs 75 cents more than the Republican. Of course the Democrats want to take from the rich and give to the non-working, big-screen watching poor to equalize income, so let's charge them more for everything. That's the American way.

Back to the Republican. This is a whole jalapeno sausage grilled, shredded cheese, pico de gallo, with poblano sauce on a flour tortilla. This sausage was as good as Razoo's and that's saying something. Along with the condiments, this was a very good taco. I'd VOTE for it.

Finally we are to the Democrat taco. I expected it to be taken from me before I got to eat it, but it was still there. The Democrat is shredded beef barbacoa topped with fresh avocado, queso fresco, cilantro, onions, wedge of lime, and tomtatillo sauce on a flour tortilla. This one just wasn't remarkable. It was OK, but not remarkable. I VOTE it out of office. Next time I will try something different.

Half-way through the meal, the Wifey decided that we needed dessert. So she ordered 3  Lil Nookies. Now this is redneck fair park faire. Deep fried chocolate chip cookies, dusted with powdered sugar and topped with cherries. I ate two of the three and half-way through the 2nd one, I began to develop the sugar sweats. Man this is some good fixin's rat here.

Overall, givem a 8.47921

Mitcho
©2015

Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.


Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g

No comments:

Post a Comment