Sunday, November 2, 2014

Truett Cafe - Gaston Ave

So on Friday of last week I was doing some ministry business at Big Baylor (you know there is only one Big Baylor, the rest are imitations). It came to be dinner time, so I did the Hip Hop down to the Truett Café. Now this is a combination short order/cafeteria on a limited scale. You could also call it hospital food. But hey, this is an East Dallas Redneck Blog, and Big Baylor is as East Dallas as you can get.

So I ordered the lasagna and mashed taters. In discussing my meal with nurses after the meal, after I told them I ordered lasagna, their comment was "did it have any meat parts?". Actually it had a decent amount of meat, was very cheesy and the noodles were noodles. All in all, it was not too bad for hospital food. It's definitely not Pizza Getti Lasagne. The mashed taters were your basic mashed taters, it is pretty hard to mess them up, but if you review one of my early Luby reviews, you can mess mashed taters up.

The service was some of the best I have had. I carried my tray to my table without any difficulties and set out my plate and hardware in the exact right places. So all's good.

Overall giving the Truett Café a 6.6985.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment