Friday, November 14, 2014

Dairy Queen - I-30 & Belt Line Rd

If you look across Texas you will realize that Dairy Queen is the redneck hideout. Nothing is more country than the Texas Stop Sign. This is a regular stop for me and wifey as we are hooked on Blizzards. All being cold outside means is that the ice cream doesn't melt much this time of year. Of course I consider this Dipped Cone season. In the summer months, it is almost impossible to eat a large dipped cone and not drip melting ice cream everywhere. This time of year you can eat one with out any dripping.

So once in a while we go to DQ for dinner. We share the steak finger basket and then have our own Blizzard! So tonight we ordered the steak finger basket. This comes with 4 steak fingers. We get two a piece. I like the breading, and the steak has a pretty good flavor. Put some salt and pepper on it and it can be pretty spicy. The only down side is it is full of GREASE. Talking about grease overload. It also comes with fries and Texas toast. We split the Texas toast which is pretty good, but once again GREASY. I like the fries here pretty good, and yes they are greasy.

After we have eaten the basket, it is Blizzard time. A Blizzard will make you forget all of the grease you have just eaten. The wifey always goes for the French Silk Blizzard. Think massive chocolate and whipped cream. It must be good, because she has been eating them on a regular basis for over 10 years. For me I have eaten every Blizzard on the menu and some that are not on the menu. My favorites are Cookie Dough, Butterfinger and Smores (only available in  the summer months). However, I also like the Strawberry Cheesecake and Banana Cream Pie. Tonight I went for the Strawberry Cheesecake. This full of Strawberry syrup, some actual strawberries (or they at least seem like strawberries) and little squares of cheesecake. Pretty good goo here.

Overall I give DQ a 7.43 (it's all about the Blizzard).

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment