Sunday, December 17, 2017

Lakewood Cafe-Hwy 66 & Dalrock Rowlett

The wifey and me were holed up at the First Fried Chicken Eaten Mostly Non-Denominational Somewhat Baptist Church. As any good churchified person, as soon as Sunday go to meeting is over, it is time to rush to the restaurant and eat like there is no tomorrow. The wifey informed me that we were doing the gallop over to Lakewood Cafe. My East Dallas homey's would expect this cafe to be in the one and only Lakewood. If it really is at Hwy 66 and Dalrock, then the name should be Lakeview or Lakeside. Lakewood? Really?

We slid in and was seated immediately. After skating over the menu, I came to the conclusion that this is a breakfast, brunch and somewhat lunch joint. The pancake choices caught my attention immediately. They have blueberry, strawberry, banana, and a number of others. So when out waitress sauntered by, I ordered banana pancakes and bacon. I asked for my bacon to be burnt. A good redneck cooks his bacon with a blow torch, which the final result is always burnt. The waitress was the most accommodating regarding the burnt bacon. I think she really got it, but most don't.

The pancakes came with whipped cream on top with a number of banana slices. The pancakes themselves had banana slices throughout. The bacon, BURNT, just like I like it. This earned the waitress and extra dollar tip and an Atta Boy (I hope that didn't bother her, since she was not a boy!!!) 

Overall, they done breakfast up good here. The wifey had a BLT (without the T) and thought it was very good also.

This looks like it may wind up in the lunch after Sunday go to meeting rotation.

Givem an 8.312589*6453

MItcho
©2017

Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.


Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g

No comments:

Post a Comment