Friday, December 8, 2017

La Joya Mexican-Downtown Wylie on Ballard

It's Friday and party night. Darlin' and Sax Man was going to party it up late. This means the wifey and me are agitating the grands. We always take the varmints to dinner when we are agitating them. The only food word these three know is pizza. Two days ago, the wifey let it be known that pizza was not in play tonight. After considerable  and sometimes heated discussion we settled on Mexican. Then we negotiated over all of the Tex-Mex joints in North Texas. I finally settled the issue by deciding on La Joya. I had never been here, but our Darlin' and Chipper had and gave it high marks. Chipper, CBoss, King L, Lil Darlin' and me did the Cha Cha to La Joya.

This is a very small locally owned restaurant, but they do a booming bidness. It is sparsely decorated, but I didn't 't come here to look at the walls. Everything here is reasonably priced, which is a very good thing.

We started off ordering drinks. The 3 kiddos aka varmints ordered Sprite in the bottle. I was surprised to see large real glass bottles. All sodas taste much better in a glass bottle. Chipper and me ordered tea.

After a few minutes, they brought chips and hot sauce. The few chips I got were thicker than most and the hot sauce was spiced up nicely. Of course when Chipper is with you, you are not going to get many chips.

I ordered the Mexican plate. Wow they thought I was haungry. The meal started with a very tasty taco which was in a thicker than normal shell. Then I went after the chalupa. Another rather thick tostada and very good. The cheese enchilada had a good tasting cheese and some good chili over it. Finally it was tamale time. Another very good tamale. The rice and beans were just normal rice and beans. Overall this was some good eats.

If you have a hankering for some bueno Mexican food and you are haungry, then grab up your gang and head out to La Joya, you won't regret it.

Givem a 8.1535652

Mitcho
© 2017

Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.


Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g

1 comment: