Saturday, August 12, 2017

Orchids Bloom - El Fenix Downtown


Man I had worked hard this week. Several days I had worked 5 or 6 hours. It is Saturday night and I am in bad need of some party time. I figured the only right thing to do was to load the car up full of women and head out to the club. A young man out of our hood is pursuing a career in music and has had some successes in the life of bands. He currently is in Orchids Bloom. We had already made arrangements to go to the Jack Daniels Saloon at Gilley's Dallas to see Orchids Bloom. Of course the only refreshment we partook of was Diet Coke.

So I grabbed the wifey and her friends and off we did the Landler over to Gilley's Dallas. Blondie was going to perform on the main stage tonight and she has some weird followers. It was interesting walking in from the parking lot. I had dropped off the wifey and friends at the door, so they were already inside jamming to the music. When I got to the door the security lady asked me what I was doing there. Well, it is a saloon, I am thinking getting something to drink and listen to music. What did she think. Ok, she let me in.

We spent over an hour listening to Orchids Bloom perform. They perform a Bluesy, Folk, Rock Coffee House music. You figure it out. Very talented and someday will go places. We originally had planned on eating dinner here. However, their only offering was a hamburger and we were in Downtown  Dallas which has many good restaurants. So I informed the ladies that we would wait to eat until after the show. Like I had a say in any decision since they outnumbered me. You know they outnumber us guys even when it is one on one.

After the show we mingled with the band, the band's groupies, and Ralph Strangis (of Stars Hockey play by play who is their manager). But you can only mingle so long when you are hungry. I cut it short and we're heading to the parking lot.

We did some more Landler to the other side of Downtown Dallas to El Fenix. El Fenix is a downtown staple for many years. They also have a free parking lot. Mitcho likes free. We talked about getting Twisted at the Root, but it is on Commerce in Deep Ellum and even though in my earlier years I was ready to rumble not so much anymore. El Fenix looked pretty good. My girls on the way were asking would El Fenix still be open. I told them that without a doubt they would not close their doors until Mitcho has arrived. I really don't know what they do when I am not downtown, but that is not my worry.

The wifey and my doctor have conspired against me and have me on this here diet to lose weight. I can tell you eating is not as fun as it once was. So I ordered the Tenchita salad. This is your basic taco salad, meat, cheese, lettuce, fried shell. A trip to El Fenix also includes some of the best chips in North Texas and the salsa isn't bad either. The restaurant was full even at 9:30 at night. But this is Saturday night, so I imagine they do a good business way into the evening. I won't know because it is past my bedtime.

Overall got my party on, had some fun, listened to some good music, talked to some good people and ate some good Tex-Mex.

Giving Orchid Bloom an 8.4021974 on the Led Zeppelin/Lynard Skynard scale.

Giving El Fenix a 8.124891.

Mitcho
©2017


Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour


No comments:

Post a Comment