Monday, August 14, 2017

Bull's Pen - Sunnyvale, TX




This evening the Wifey and me had some bidness to tend to on the Service Rd of Hwy 80 just down the road from the Bull's Pen. After we successfully tended to our bidness it was dinner time. Over that way, there isn't much in the way of good food offerings. The best option is a Mexican restaurant and we have had Mexican the last two days in a row. For some reason that is a problem for the wifey. My theory is, if you can eat pork chops one night, roast the next and meatloaf the 3rd night, why can't you eat fajitas one night, enchiladas one night and burritos the 3rd night? Just saying. Off my soap box here!!!! The wifey decided we were going to the Bull's Pen for dinner. So being the smart guy I am, we did the Western Two Step on down the road to the Bull's Pen.

The Bull's Pen is run by a great family that actually raises bulls for rodeos. Their bulls are famous and are used in all of the most famous rodeos. They have a good bull bidness. You could say they are full of bull. My theory has always been that once the bulls get too old, then they become hamburger meat. That's what you call full cycle. I doubt that this is true, but is sure sounds good to an enterprising young redneck.

They also run two successful Mexican restaurants in the area.

As you know, once we were seated and given menus, the wifey notified me that we were splitting an entre. She decided we were having chicken fried steak, black-eyed beans, and fried okra. Now if that ain't Texas Redneck food, I don't know what is.

The chicken fried steak was breaded very nicely, had a good flavor, and the meat was tender and tasty. The black-eyed beans were your standard bean offering. Nothing outstanding but not bad either. I started to ask for some hot sauce, but decided not to. The hot sauce would have spiced things up a little bit. The okra was exactly like most restaurants okra. I am betting they are frozen and come from a food service. However, the same o, same o, are pretty good.

This was my first time to break bread for dinner here, but I have had breakfast here a number of times. Speaking of bread, a roll for each of us came with dinner and at was good enough to make this redneck want more.

Overall, this was a good meal. Why haven't I been eating here more?  If you figure out the answer, ring me up at the email address.

Givem a 8.11574976543

MiTcho
© 2017


Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g





1 comment: