Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Doe Belly's on Broad St in Forney, about 100 yards east of FM740 N & Broad

Catfish~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I like me some fried catfish!! Until Doe Belly's my all time favorite was Cajin Catfish in Rockwall, but they closed about 10 years ago. I wandered in the desert for about 8 years. I have been to Millers Grove, Fish Camp, Pine Mills, the haunted house in Waxahachie, Feed Sack in Windom, Vaughan's (now in Mt Pleasant, use to also be in Tyler) and Ole Whiskers in Garland. I have lots of fried catfish experience. Most of these places are 75 to 100 miles from East Dallas County. So a short trip to Forney is NOTHING.

Doe Belly's catfish is perfect. It is fried to perfection, has a light spicy crust and great catfish. Warning if you order two pieces you probably are going to get 3. Order 3 and you will sometimes get 4.

I give Doe Belly's catfish a 10. There won't be many 10's on this blog.

Fried Okra very tasty 7.

French Fries have the spicy seasonings like the catfish. They rate a 7 also.

Pinto Beans need to be more spicy, they get a 5.

Hush Puppies are very tasty, give em a 7.

Don't get too caught up on sides, order all of the catfish you can possibly eat and forget the sides.

They also have shrimp and chicken, but I can't get past the catfish.

Watch out for the sweet tea. It is really sweet. I usually do 1/2 sweet and 1/2 unsweet.

These are some really nice folk that are concerned with you enjoying your meal. Speaking of enjoying, you can count of some great blues music to listen to while you eat.

The restaurant is in an old Sonic drive-in building. So the eating area is small, however, even in the middle of the lunch rush, we always seem to find a table. There is always a good crowd here.

Warning, if you tell your friends about this place, they will always be there when  you go to eat. So choose your friends wisely.

It's a Mitcho Can't Miss. MCM!

Mitcho
©2014






2 comments:

  1. I need to go back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my comment before. Trying to figure this thing out.

    ReplyDelete