Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Jason's Deli - Town East

Across Town East from Town East Mall. So Location gets a 6 or so.

Jason's has a very wide variety of items on the menu. Light stuff for the wifey and sure enough red neck food for me. This restaurant has been remodeled in the last 6 months or so. However, the ambiance is barely normal. So I give it 4 on atmosphere.

The wifey ordered her usual Fire roasted tortilla soup. Okay now, I didn't see any fire???? For that matter I am not sure what it had in the way of tortilla's but we will just take their word on this one. I have never tasted it but it looks pretty good. The wifey gets it virtually every time we go there so it can't be all bad. I give it 6+.

My fav here is the Taco Salad with Texas Chili (it ain't Chili if it ain't from Texas!!!!). Basically this is chili, lettuce, cheese, sour cream , guacamole and dark brown chips. The chips have a somewhat unusual taste that I like quite a bit. I dare you to try to eat it without getting Chili on your shirt. I can't do it. I scoop the chili, lettuce, cheese, etc on the chips and it is very crunchy and tasty. I give it an 7.5328+.

Of course at the end of your meal, you get a free bowl or cone of ice cream. Your choice of vanilla, chocolate or twist. Of course I choose twist  and then put plenty of chocolate fudge on top. What a way to end a meal. I give the ice cream a 6.5. (NOTE: If you want a 10 ice cream here is my list Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla, Dairy Queen Blizzards and Banana Split at Braums.)

Price gets a reasonable. With drinks we usually eat for $17 or $18 for two.

Overall, this is a 6 meal.

My backup meal here if I don't want Chili on my shirt is the Meat Ball sandwich. Very tasty.

Mitcho
©2014

1 comment: