Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Corner Bakery Irving


The wifey and I had some very important bidness to tend to in Las Colinas last night. We went to an old person's convention (aka rock concert by a 60's early 70's band). Since once again we had to cross Dallas in rush hour traffic, we decided to do some more Turtle Crawl early and eat dinner near the venue. Our bidness was at the new Toyota Music Pavillion at the Irving Music Factory. They show that there are 25 restaurants in the the Music Factory, but only 4 are open now. The four are priced way above redneck wages or they serve sissy food. Either way I had to find a dinner option in the area. After careful review we locked on to The Corner Bakery. I have clients that eat at one of these regular so I was compelled to check it out.

The Corner Bakery is an upscale Panera Bread but with man food. If you are eating in a Panera you are eating sissy food. I am just saying. The Corner Bakery has the sissy food, but it also has some options that could qualify as man food. The place is finished out like a high class joint. Not your usual redneck hangout. However, I didn't come here to look at the walls or the furniture. Give me some grub.

After careful review of the menu, I locked onto the Linguine and Meatballs, also served with Garlic bread. You have to select either cafe or entree size. Why can't they just say small and really small? I asked the order taker the difference in size. He showed me a bowl about a foot in diameter and 3 inches deep as the cafe size, and a bowl about 6 inches deep as the entree size. So I am picturing one foot diameter 3 inches deep of linguine and meatball, my diet was saying you better not go for entree size. Of course I ordered Texas tea. We don't drink water in Texas, we drink iced tea. When they delivered the food of my choosing, I was greatly disappointed. Yes the bowl was the size I was shown, but it was filled to less than half the bowl. I have coffee cups that would hold more food. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. So next time I will ask for a bucket of linguine. The food was ok, but no real good tastes jumping out at me. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. The garlic toast had very little zing. I suspect some sissy's have infiltrated this joint and taken all of the zinging tastes out of their food.

Overall this was ok, but for a person that likes some zing, not so much. Givem a 7.0778975465

The Toyota Music Pavillion was really nice. I have been to the Verizon in Grand Prairie many times and it can't compare. However, why do they not put enough restrooms in these places? I am looking forward to going back to The Pavillion.

Mitcho
©2018

Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.


Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g

No comments:

Post a Comment