Saturday, January 20, 2018

Hoffbrau Steaks - Haltom City & Tolbert's - Grapevine





It's Friday night and it is time to take the wifey out on the town. Especially when I am about to go into hiding for 3 months. You know the Revenuers come this time of year every year.

A while back a friend of mine in the Garland area gave me a gift card to Hoffbrau Steaks knowing that I live in Skeeterville. The nearest Hoffbrau to Skeeterville is in Haltom City which is across the world from here.In our infinite wisdom we decided to do the Turtle Crawl across Dallas, Arlington, Irving, to North Fort Worth, we even got there on the same night. Next time I am going to take a short cut and go East on Garland Road to Hwy 78. Hwy 78 North to Farmersville and catch Hwy 380 West. Boogie on 380 to Hwy 121 in Lewisville then into North Fort Worth. Certainly a less stressful drive. Warning whatever lane you are in on a Fort Worth freeway, it is about to be Exit Only.

Outside of Joe T Garcia's I don't know much about the culinary options in Fort Worth. However, it seemed like all of Fort Worth was holed up here in Haltom City. We were told the wait was only 25 minutes. That must be the max a customer will take without leaving. Trust me, we waited a lot longer than 25 minutes. Finally we get seated.

After a careful review of the menu, this isn't a redneck friendly joint. No fried bologna, grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly (or banana's). Looks like I am in trouble here. The last few meals I have eaten with CBoss  which means Pizza and only Pizza. So my calarie count was off the charts the last couple of days. In my desire to protect my muscle hardened body, I went for the Texican Salad. I have to like the name because I commonly refer to myself as a Texican. With all the mexican food I eat by now I have to be part Mexican. This was a good salad it had all the usual suspects including guacamole. The salad was served with Spicy Ranch dressing and this was almost as tasty as Jalapeno Ranch at Chuy's (and that's good). Throw in a couple of rolls and this was a pretty decent meal. The wifey had a Steak, bake potato and salad. Here review says the salad was a little better than Outback's because of the Spicy Ranch, but the steak and baked potato was about the same.

This was a fairly good meal, givem a 823546878.

After dinner we had decided to do the Skip Jive to Tolberts in Grapevine.  Tolberts is on Main St in Grapevine. I had not been in this part of our great state in a good while. This area is pretty nice with a number of grub joints. Tolberts is a restaurant and watering hole with a live band every night. Tonight the 8 Track Band was playing. You know that with a name like 8 Track Band they play oldies. They really did a bang up job playing oldies. Lot of fun here. Our waitress came to take out order and I ordered Two Diet Cokes, a Chocolate Mouse Cake for the wifey and me a Peach Cobbler. You should have seen the stinky face the waitress gave me when she realized I wasn't going to be continually ordering pricey drinks all night. What she didn't know, I am big tipper in these kind of situations. The Chocolate Mouse Cake couldn't have been too bad. Within a minute or two of the waitress bringing it, it was GONE. A good redneck likes peach cobbler. This was a goodun. The ice cream was not Blue Bell, but it was pretty good, and the peach cobbler was yummy. We will be going back here, just not via Haltom City.

Givem an 8.9924846

Mitcho
©2018

Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g

No comments:

Post a Comment