Thursday, November 3, 2016

Texas Land & Cattle - Rowlett

So dinner rolled around again and we had a gift card to Texas Land & Cattle so I suggested to the wifey that we slide over there and get her a steak. You know she is high cotton folk that really likes a good steak. For me it comes round and fried.

So we did the Passacaglia over to Texas Land & Cattle. They might as well have a no rednecks allowed sign out front. So I had to change out of my "Rednecks Rule" T-Shirt to my dress UT T-Shirt so that they would let me in.

I have a history with Texas Land & Cattle. I have eaten in their restaurants twice in my life. Once in Austin and once in Richardson. Both times the waiter after I left bumped my tip up $20.00 from what I had indicated on the receipt (and I tip 20%). So of course, both times I challenged the charge through the credit card company and had the extra charge reversed. This has only happened to me twice and both times at T L & C. See below, I am now 3 for 3. So buyer beware, they will get in your billfold in unscrupulous ways.

After intense study of the menu we decided to go for the 2 for $25 special. An appetizer and two entrees for $25.00, not bad if it really happened. So the wifey went for the 6 oz Sirloin Steak and mashed taters. I went for the 7 oz chopped steak and mashed taters. We both had house salads.

We started the meal off with onion strings and these were pretty good. There was a very large stack of em, which more is good.

Then they brought bread. Good thing I have redneck ways because this bread was so hard I had to break out my Saws All to cut it. Besides being extremely hard, the bread just didn't have much taste. This will cost them. They didn't like the noise my Saws All made cutting the bread.

The salads we pretty decent salads, we still prefer Outback's over them, but it was a decent salad.

The wifey said she enjoyed her steak and the mashed taters were ok.

My chopped steak was ok and the mashed taters were ok, not the best I have ever had, but ok.

Now the bill comes. It seems that they brought me a 10 oz chopped steak instead of a 7 oz steak like I ordered, so they bumped me an additional $5.00. They didn't seem to see the problem with them upping my order without my permission. So they have now gotten me 3 times out of 3 trips. I am watching my credit card just in case. I will let you know tomorrow.

So if you give me a gift card to Texas Land & Cattle, I will give it to the homeless guy on the corner and let him go get ripped off.

Due to their unscrupulous ways I give'm a 3.27 (the lowest score I have ever given.)

Mitcho
©2016

No comments:

Post a Comment