Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Bubba's 33 - Mesquite

Bubba's 33 recently opened a new restaurant in Mesquite. It is very unusual for a new concept in restaurants to open their first location in North Texas in Mesquite. But here they are. So of course for each of my readers benefit it is necessary for me to eat there and give a review. So the wifey and me did the Bagurumba over to 33's.

You know it has redneck possibilities with the name Bubba's. That's a good rat there. Then walking in the door I run into a fellow redneck friend. So it's an invasion.

Let's get down to it, this is a sports bar that also sells food. There are flat screen TV's all around all walls. It you don't get your sports fix on here, you are hopeless. It is not an over the top bar and from where they sat us (at the back door), there wasn't a high presence of beers.

The big draw to the food here is the bacon ground up into the hamburger meat. Then bacon on top of the burger. If you are into bacon and I know many of you are, then this is home.

So we ordered Bubba's bacon burger and onion rings. The burger is 1/2 lb of meat, so we know I had to split with the wifey. So this is only 1/2 of a review.

As I said earlier, the burger has bacon ground up in the meat. You can't taste bacon, but it definitely has a better flavor than most burgers. The burger comes with all of the usual suspects (lettuce, tomato and onion), cheese, slices of Bubba's smoke bacon, and Bubba sauce. Bacon, Bacon, Bacon. The Bubba's sauce is different. It is a combination of BBQ sauce, mayonnaise and some other ingredients. It is going to take me a few trips to figure this sauce out. The burger could use more onions and some mustard would be nice also.

The burger comes with shoe string French fires. Now I really love thin sliced fries and these are just like I like em.

The waitress bragged about the onion rings and you know Mitcho loves anything onion. So we had to try a batch.  These are some of the best onion rings we have had lately. I like Twisted Root better, but this is a very close second. Good flavor and texture in the crust and a good crunchy onion. These are a good to go.

Overall, they have something here. I wish it was a little less bar, but the food is scrumptious. Count on seeing Mitcho here when you go. And you must go soon. See ya.

Giv'em a 8.6573

Mitcho
©2016

I recently had a server increase my tip after I left the restaurant. I went to a manger who did nothing. I won't be going back.

Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour
 

1 comment:

  1. I have a question about that 8.6573 you gave them. Was the "3" really a 2.5 or a 3.4? This is important to understand the true rating you gave...
    Will they give me a knife and two plates to split it with my wifey too?

    ReplyDelete