Friday, July 15, 2016

Wienerschnitzel - Mesquite

So the wifey and I were kicking around where to eat lunch and she out of the blue suggests Wienerschnitzel on Oates. How can that be, I never realized there was one that close to home. Why haven't my redneck friends redirected by energy in that direction? I was flabbergasted.

So we did the Texas Tommy to Wienerschnitzel. It is just down the shopping center from Burger Thing, and I have eaten in the Burger Thing a number of times. It actually is pretty small inside. Only a small handful of tables.

Since this is my first visit in a number of years, I went for the #1, which is two chili dogs, fries and a drink. The dogs are just the basic size dog. The menu indicates that for $1.00 more you can get beef wieners. I will spend the dollar next time. The wiener was sketchy to say the least. The chili was watery with not much spice or taste. As the wifey said, this doesn't compare to the dog at home. Of course we load it with Wolf Brand chili and get beef Oscar Meyer wieners. Also lot's of mustard, pickle relish, onions, cheese, etc. I didn't see an offer of onions or relish which would have helped.
In my book it is a little pricey here. Two chili dogs, small fry and small drink for $6.29. It is going to be $8.29 to get a wiener that I would want to eat.

I am not giving up on the place, next time I am going for the beef dog and the time after that I am going after the polish sausage. At that point, I will make a lifelong decision about the Schnitzel.

Givem a 6.128

Mitcho
©2016

No comments:

Post a Comment