Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Eve at the Waffle House - Mesquite

On Christmas Eve, our church CLIFE, has two Candlelight services. So we go to church around 3:30 and leave about 8:00. Now finding a place to eat at 8:00 on Christmas Eve can be a problem. So I decided we would try the Redneck Café (Waffle House) in Mesquite. I have been in here before and it has been tolerable. Boy this time, not so much. The staff was laughing and cutting up with each other and customers in a very loud manner (hollering). It bothered my mother in law and she had her hearing aid turned off.

The service tonight was bad. The waitress was far more interested in the goings on down at the other end of the counter than to provide us anything that resemble service. I guess if I was half drunk and lived in a trailer park and shouted everything I said, it might have been better.

The waffle is a good waffle and I like the hash browns here. But I don't know if I can take the atmosphere or service at this Waffle House. I have eaten in Waffle Houses' across the US and have never had this kind of experience. So just the Mesquite one at Hwy 80 and Belt Line is off my list.

Give'm a 1.5. The lowest score I have given to date.

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment