Monday, December 7, 2015

Rick's Smokehouse BBQ - Garland

So being a proud redneck. I don't drive new cars. Where would you put the duck tape or bailing wire on a new car? I mean really!!! So once in a while I need an auto mechanic to work their wonder. I have the best auto mechanic in Mesquite!! However, recently he moved his shop to near Miller and Jupiter in Garland. So since my ride was marking its spot everywhere I went lately, it was time to reduce the amount of antifreeze I was leaving behind everywhere I parked. So off to my buddy Victor's to geter fixed.

As we turned onto the street Victor's shop is on, the wifey noticed a BBQ joint on the corner. So after dropping my lovely ride off, we slipped back up to Jupiter and Dividend and sauntered into Rick's Smokehouse BBQ. By the looks of this place, it has been here quite a while. Like about the beginning of time. The place was close to full of people, mostly men. You know any good BBQ joint is not going to have too many women folk at lunch time. Of course I had the wifey with me, so I violated my own rules.

So we slid through the line and got the usual, a two meat plate. We got sliced brisket and sausage. We also drug up some beans and onion rings. Topped it off with Texas toast.

The wifey said the brisket was pretty good, but not the best she has had. Not a bad report overall. The sausage had a good flavor, just need a good amount of black pepper to be real good. You know Mitcho likes it spicy.

The red beans were above average. This some pretty good grub here. The onion rings were pretty good also.

Overall, this was a pretty good lunch. The wifey got an atta girl.

Givem a 7.493

Of course if you are on Jupiter at lunch time, go to Kingsley and take it almost to Shiloh, to Zeke's Kitchen. Now this is some good grub you won't regret. Ask for the Mitcho special here, smaller portions for $1.00 more. (Just kidding Zeke!!!, you can't make your chef mad@)

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment