Friday, July 17, 2015

Olive Garden - Mesquite a recnecks delight

Dinner was an easy choice tonight. I had a $50 gift card to Red Lobster. Now if you have read the blog much you will know that the only fishy thing I go for is Catfish and the only Catfish I want is Doe Belly's. So needless to say I wasn't excited about going to Lobster. So we did the drag to Red Lobster. When we got in the parking lot, I decided to read the fine print on the gift card to make sure Red Lobster was my only choice. Well my lucky day, in fine print 3 lines down it indicates that it can also be used at Olive Garden, SCORE. It didn't take us but a second to do the Skidaddle over to Olive Garden.

So we sashayed in and was seated immediately. Things are looking up. Going in the door the wifey is already moaning about how big all of the entrees are and that she can't eat all of any of them. I been here before, we are splitting so there is no need for me to even look at the menu. So I suggested we go for the Taste of Italy. With 3 entrees on one plate, I can split and get full and sassy.

We ordered peach tea. This is the best peach tea in Texas. If you haven't tried it, you better get yourself over there and try it. Of course the garlic bread is very very good.

It is time for salad. I really like the OG salad. I am not sure what the dressing is, but I really like it.  Lettuce, onions, black olives, croutons, etc. This is some good stuff. When it came time to start my salad, I opened my silverware. Uh oh, Houston, we have a problem. 3 Forks. 3 Forks. Is this a family reunion?? I haven't seen this many forks since the last family reunion and 3 was the total for everyone. They also throw in a knife. Now I am a grove rat redneck. I have a pocket knife that is rusty and has notches on it. Why would I need a knife?? Seriously.

Then came the Italy tour. You pick 3 entrees from 9 choices. We (the wifey) chose fettuccini alfredo, chicken parmesan, and lasagna. Of course lasagna is one of my favorites, the fettuccini and parme chicken are very good. The total package here is good.

Givem a 8.29

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment