Friday, July 10, 2015

Outback Steakhouse - Mesquite

Now according to the wifey it was time to celebrate 38 years of bliss. On the actual date, we will be in another land outside the fine country of Texas and will have CBoss with us.

I had accumulated a $50 gift card to Outback. Now the wifey really loves a steak from Outback. (Of course the Kensington Club at Steak N Ale is our all time favorite.) So time to score some friendly points. So we did the moonwalker to Outback.

Now Mitcho grew up poor and redneck. So steak came in a round tube with red rind around the outside. Now I still like tub steak fried to the crisp. Mitcho has a hard time digesting quality steak as I never experienced it growing up. So Mitcho ordered Firecracker Salmon. Now I don't know about you, but Firecracker means it's going to explode. This is something to look forward to. It also was covered in mangos. I also got a fully loaded bake potato, salad and of course bread.

The salad at Outback is one of the best we eat in the area. So we are off to a good start. Of course I eat way too many slices of bread (if there is such a thing as too many).

The salmon and potato arrive looking yummy. So I dive in. The Firecracker sauce was disappointing. It had a nice minor flavor and the mangos added a little flavor to the salmon, but nothing like I expected. There was a very small amount of burn, but I was expecting a 4th of July display. Not going to happen here. Salmon has a little flavor, but the additives give it the most flavor. This was ok, but not exciting. The bake potato was loaded nicely.

Finally, if you are going to celebrate, it needs to end with a Thunder from Down Under. This is whipped cream, ice cream and a fudge brownie. Yum Yum.

Overall, it was a pretty good meal and the wifey really enjoyed it.

Givm a 7.27 (remember I did have a Thunder from Down Under).

Mitcho
©2015


No comments:

Post a Comment