Friday, April 6, 2018

Bells Better Burgers - Balch Springs



The blogger here was requested to grab some burgers at Bells and review them. I am very dedicated to both of my readers, so I  had no other option but to get some burgers. Bells Better Burgers is in Balch Springs (formerly and fondly known as Zip City), which is the redneck capital of the world. It's like ole home week going back to Zip City. Bells has been at this location a very very long time. I have family that owned the Busy Bee across the street, so my family goes back many years eating their burgers. This place is a blast from the 50's. I started to stop and buy a pack of cigarettes just so I could roll them up my t-shirt's sleeve Fonzy style. This is your basic Drive-In, for all you millenials, yuppies, and other non-conformists to the redneck style, this means you park under an awning and a carhop comes and takes your order and bring's you the food. Your dining room is your ride you showed up in. The wifey advised me next time we will go in the convertible. Classic. This redneck likes these kind of joints.

Of course I ordered the burger and onion rings. Now this is a burger. This thing can compete with Whataburger, Dairyette, etc. The patty must be fresh hamburger meat, not some frozen circle bought from the food service mafia. Now, let's talk onions. Man this thing was loaded with onions and you know Mitcho luves onions. Throw in the other usual suspects on the burger and you got a humdinger of a burger here.

Let's talk onion rings. These rings are a top 5. Great tasting breading makes these great. I may go back just to get onion rings.

Warning throw your diet out the window when you head to Bells. You can smell the strong scent of grease when you drive up. If the smell is that strong 30 yards from the building, what do you think was in the burger and onion rings. So maybe you shouldn't go here everyday of the week. You also should never tell your cardiologist that you have ever eaten here.

The wifey says that 40 years ago, they had a great fish sandwich and it is still on the menu. So see you next week at Bells so that the wifey can get her fish sandwich.

If you are in southeast Dallas county around lunch time, gather up some buds and head to Lake June and Peachtree. You won't regret it.

Givem a 8.3549789
Mitcho
©2018


Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.


Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g

1 comment:

  1. I have been going to Bells for 40+ years and it never fails me! I am a little ashamed to admit it but in my teenage years I would order Texas Burger and Onion Rings and a Frito Pie on and a coke!

    ReplyDelete