Sunday, October 16, 2016

SoCal Tacos - Food Truck

Mitcho goes to church at a happening cool church for millennials and 30 and 40 year olds. Shhh don't tell them they have been infiltrated by a card carrying redneck. You gotta like a church that pays for a food truck to feed the crowd after church. To make it even better there were a couple of bounce houses that kept the kiddos occupied and made lunch quieter. I am pretty certain that the bounce houses can also be infiltrated by us larger children.

So I lined up at the food truck. The options today were pork, chicken, black bean and fish. So when Mitcho arrived at the front of the line, there were only two tacos left in that batch and they both were chicken. So being the smart hungry guy I am, I went for the two chicken tacos. These guys were basically chicken, corn tortilla, and lettuce. Not much to them. They were pretty good, but if I am eating off a food truck, I am expecting some explosion in my mouth from a vast array of flavors. Not this time. Basically tortilla and chicken.

Through conversation I was told that the fish tacos were amazing. Now Mitcho had never had a fish taco. Just the thought of fish on a taco doesn't seem right some how. But the other guys at my table insisted that I taste the fish taco. So the taco lady came by with a batch of fish tacos. I broke down and tried one. The fish was a fried fish and tasted pretty good, corn tortilla and pink cabbage. It was ok, but Mitcho feels like it needed to be loaded with some spicey good stuff.

They also provided chips and salsa. The chips had a spice on them that made them more spicey than any of the tacos. The chips were a good.

Overall, the food truck experience is interesting, but the food needs some work. Of course it was free, so bring the food truck back next week.

Givem 7.128

Mitcho
©2016

No comments:

Post a Comment