Monday, June 27, 2016

Twisted Root Burgers - Commerce St Dallas

Around lunch today, we had bidness to tend to in Downtown Dallas. No it wasn't a court hearing or visiting with the bond company, this was legit business. This time.

We have been here many times before. It is in Deep Ellem, and I probably would not want to be down here after dark. But during the day and the evening, ordinary people can slide into here and get fed with good grub. About 1/2 of the place is a watering hole, but there are provisions for us teetotalers. If I was a young single dude I would be hanging out here regularly. This place is full of hot and cold running young women.

We always order the Ranch Hand burger. Peppercorn Jack cheese, a peppercorn sauce, two strips of bacon, the normal fixin's and a good burger. This is a pretty good size burger. My only problem is it is not on the menu any longer. So you have to order off the menu. Now I am one of those guys that thinks the menu should show everything, there shouldn't be a secret code for the good stuff. If the internet junkie that trolls blogs about the joint knows about food selections, everyone should know about it. But I do know about the Ranch Hand and I really like it, so I am off the menu.

We also order something fried. This time fried onion strings, but they have good fried pickles, fried sweet potato chips, and I think fried green beans. The fried pickles are my second favorite after Razoos.

This is some above average fixin's for a burger joint. Of course a number of magazines have listed Twisted Root as one of the best, and Mitcho agrees.

Givem a 8.997

Mitcho
©2016


  

No comments:

Post a Comment