Sunday, September 27, 2015

Fuel City Tacos/Fried Pies

Finally, after trying for 3 days I got some tacos. Now Fuel City isn't just an ordinary Redneck Truck Stop hangout. Texas Monthly rates the tacos at Fuel City #1 in the state of Texas. Now that is some serious taco. This isn't your mama's taco by any means.

This is different, first all there is a window on the outside for you to order your tacos. Also, you can go in and order tacos at a counter. The line is bad in both places. The other item you need to prepare for, CASH ONLY.

So the wifey and me did the gassy taco to Fuel City.

You can choose either flour or corn tortillas. Stupid me was thinking corn meant a taco shell. Nope, a corn tortilla. Of course I like corn tortillas, so no worries.

So I ordered a Picadillo on corn, Beef Fajita on corn and Barbacoa on Flour. The Picadillo is ground beef with potatoes and green sauce. All of the tacos come with diced onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and hot sauce. Now you know Mitcho likes onion. These tacos have a heavy portion of onion, Ya boy. Then, I had a Beef Fajita, beef fajita meat with lots of onion and cilantro. Now your cooking. finally I had a Barbacoa, steamed roast beef and fixins. All three of these are very good, very tasty and not just an ordinary taco. When you go, look for me in line, I will be there getting more tacos.

To make things even better, they also have a Fried Pie section. I went for a Peach Pie. This thing was two hands big. Fried to perfection and very tasty Peach filling. Now you are talking to me.

This is here some good eats. Get your buddies together and make a move to Fuel City and get your taco on.

Given em a 8.85 (did I tell you that had home baked fried pies).

Mitcho
©2015

No comments:

Post a Comment