Friday, October 9, 2015

Howard's Catfish Cafe - Pioneer Rd Mesquite




We decided we needed to eat in a new restaurant this evening to keep my blog readers entertained. So we settled on Howard's catfish. We have had several friends tell us how good the fish was here. So we did the Belly dance to Howard's.

When you walk in, you know you are in redneck heaven. The first thing you see is a pool table to the right and games to the left. I began wondering if there were tables to eat at. Sure enough if you go far enough to the back there are tables.

I missed the sign, but this place only accepts cash. So be prepared to deal presidents.

This may be the first restaurant that has a Coke vending machine next to where you order and you buy your drinks from the vending machine. Different.

So we inspected the menu and ordered a 4 piece fish dinner for us to share. We never could figure out what was supposed to come with the meal, so we wondered what we would get.

I also missed the sign at the front door that said it took 30 minutes for your meal to be cooked. No kidding, we waited at least 30 minutes. Now if my pool game was intact from my youthful years, I may have been able to win cash for dinner while waiting on my meal. However, since arthritis has taken over, all I can do is watch.

When dinner arrived, the 4 pieces of fish are very large. Underneath them was French fries, pickles and toast. NO HUSHPUPPIES.

I never got around to pickles, but the fries was a frozen French fry you can buy at the grocery store. The buttered toast was ok. The fish had a very nice batter and was ok. The fish was better than David Beard's has to offer. But for good fish Doe Belly's RULES.

After reviewing my take on this restaurant, I am wondering if I need to turn in my Redneck Card.
First of all, I didn't shoot any pool when I walked in. I don't like having to pay cash. A real redneck only has cash. He had a credit card until the credit card company determined that he never intended to make any payments. A redneck likes all things in vending machines or one armed bandits.

My only saving grace here is a real redneck would have pitched a fit not receiving any Hushpuppies.

So go to www.yourvotedoesn'tcount.com and vote your opinion.

So giving em a 5.0. That's the best I can do when you consider everything here.

Mitcho
©2015















No comments:

Post a Comment