Sunday, December 5, 2021

The Catch - Garland

 Last week the wifey and me went to dinner with some long-time known associates and grabbed some Pizza at our favorite Pizza Getti. During conversation someone mentioned that they were interested in The Catch in Garland. They had heard about it, but hadn't been there. Well this got it in the wifey's head and she wasn't going to rest till we had tried it. So Saturday night I gave in to her (the couch was getting lumpy) and we did the fish tail to The Catch. 

This is a small place in a strip shopping center just past Walmart at I-30 and Broadway. Basically this is a Long John Silvers plus. The people (probably the owners of record) were very nice. The place has not obtained a liquor license yet, so they are giving away free Margarita's. Now for most people this is a big plus and maybe what all the rumor mill is concentrating on. But for this tea totalier not so much. 

We ordered a basket of fried fish. Fish, fries and hush puppies (I call'em shut up doggies). I was not impressed with the fish. It was ok, but not great. I have been to Doe Belly's and have had great fried fish. The hush puppies were pretty good and the fries were some of the best we have had. They get one atta boy for the fries.  Overall not overly impressed. See ya at Doe Belly's for some great cajun spiced fried catfish.

The wifey can't wait to go back, but agreed she would rather drive 30 minutes in traffic on Hwy 80 to geaux to Doe Belly's than the short drive to The Catch. 

I will say again the people were so friendly I would let them hangout at the creek with me anytime.

Givem 7.01

MItcho

©2021

Blog Scripture

 

Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g

No comments:

Post a Comment