Sunday, January 17, 2016

SD Grill - Sulphur, OK

On Saturday morning it snowed about 5 inches in Sulphur, OK. So we cancelled our hiking. You just can't follow a hiking trail with 5 inches of snow on the ground. So we drove around town, went to the Ranger Station to get hiking maps, etc. While we were in town, it was lunch time. So we did the chula to the SD Grill. The SD Grill is basically a burger joint with a few other alternatives.

I ordered the James Dean burger (I think that was the name). This is a meat patty, pickles, onions, and bbq sauce. The meat had a good taste and the onions and pickles added to the experience. Now let's talk about the BBQ sauce. The mean came in a basket and the burger and the basket was floating in BBQ sauce. I have never been served a burger with half as much BBQ sauce. I surveyed all around the burger and could not find a corner that was not floating in BBQ sauce. So nothing to do but dive in. The good news is, this is some really good BBQ sauce. By the second bite I was up to me wrists on both hands and spots of BBQ sauce all over my face. At this point there is no need in cleaning up after a few bites because cleaning up is going to be almost impossible. So I ate the burger completely even before I got another drink of my tea. After I finished I used several napkins to do the basic cleanup, then I went to the bathroom to take the rest of the bath. But boy this was a good burger. It was worth the mess. If I am in Sulphur again, I am going to swing by SD's.

Givem a 8.158

Mitcho
©2016

No comments:

Post a Comment