Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Crown Block on top of Reunion Tower

 Today I was down at the creek, fishing for mud cat, catching crawdads, shooing water mocassins away, and having a high'o good time. Then I see the wifey coming down just a hollering at me. When she gets to me she grabs me by the ear and starts dragging me outta the crick saying some kind of nonsense about it being our 47th anniversary and we were going to celebrate. I thought I was celebrating, but I guess not. So she informs me we are going to eat high on the hog tonight. I got excited again, cause a hog produces some good vittles. Bacon, Ham, Bacon, Ham, pulled pork, etc. Come to find out she meant some fancy upity restaurant that is up in the sky. Of course we made it 47 years because occassionally I do what the wifey says.

So off we go. I am not going to say this place is high class, but when you get on the elevator to go to the top, there are NO BUTTONS TO PUSH. We get up to the top and they take us to a table with full table cloth, cloth lap napkin, more silverware than I know what to do with. The waiter comes and the first choice is filtered water, mineral water, flavored water, water bottles, etc. I started to ask if he had a water hose I could drink out of, but I didn't, you know this is a special occasion apparently. It's filtered water for me, no spiders please. Then he left for us to consider what we would want to drink. Are you kidding me, I am a southern crick dweller, is there anything else but ice tea?

He finally comes to take our order. The wifey orders an 8 oz filet mignon of Certified Black Angus. I didn't take a bite of her steak, but it was melting in her mouth and was so tasty she didn't want any sauce on it. Wow that must be good.Of course we are on a diet to watch our good looks instead of having them out in front of us, so no sides for the wifey. 

As for myself, I have a problem processing steak, so I ordered the Rosewood Ranches Wagyu Burger with white cheddar cheese, red onion marmalade, truffle aioli and brioche bun. It also came with triple cooked fries which I ate one just to see how they tasted. The burger meat was just as good as that there filet mignon the wifey is drooling over. The other toppings had almost no taste, but it is because the meat was so good. The triple cooked fry was very crunchy, but it really needed some of Mitcho's homemade fry seasoning to make them real good.

 Then came the main event. The wifey ordered Turtle Creek Peanut Butter Bar. This thing looked heavenly. I didn't really get a report on how good it was, but that was because the wifey was scarfing it down very fast. I ordered the Sam Houston Chocolate pie. This is a chocolate pie with whipped cream on top. If Sam Houston had some of this back in the day, he probably would have led the Texas troops past Mexico into Central America. Man, the chocolate in this pie was so rich I had a headache after eating it. Of course the whip cream was yummy and the pie crust was very good. 

Overall, this was a very tasty meal. Of course it should be, I traded my horse and two cows to pay for it.

But seriously this was top of the line grub. 

Givem a 8.925 (this wasn't Pizza Getti).

Mitcho

©2024

Romans 3:23 – For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour

Please attend church with me next Sunday. Where ever you are, go to the link below:

 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwas2xFpEStMd06-59ggY7g

 


No comments:

Post a Comment