Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Sizzler - Kalispell, MT

So after hiking in the rain, it was time to load up on some groceries. So it was the wifey's turn to pick a restaurant. So we fire up Urbanspoon to look at the ratings of the local restaurants. So after looking at the 30 or so restaurants that had good reviews she chooses The Sizzler that has no review. We have eaten in The Sizzler in California, Arkansas and I am sure other places. Your expectations  don't get too high here.

I usually order a steak type meal with a baked potatoe and it is not too bad. I rolled the dice tonight and ordered the all you can stand salad bar. Snake eyes. I started off with a salad. The choices were pretty limited. The lettuce had more of the bottom of the plant, you know the large solid white stuff, that should be used as a plate, not food. I found some black olives, thousand island dressing, bacon bits and cheese. It all tasted ok, but I have had better selections.

I then chose some spaghetti and meat balls and 2 tacos. The spaghetti was basic spaghetti, not much flavor, but it was ok. The taco meat had a little strange taste to it. It tasted like they tried to spice the meat some, but they didn't get their spice from Texas, that is for sure. The lettuce on the taco bar was far better than the lettuce on the salad bar, go figure. I also added some sour cream and cheese. The tacos were decent, but Taco Bell, Taco Bueno, Taco Casa, etc has them beat hands down.

Finally I finished the meal with some ice cream. First of all, they brought us bowls straight out of the dishwasher. If you had heated the bowls in the oven, they would not have been so hot. So we stuck our tea glasses in the bowls trying to use the cold glass to cool off the bowl. This worked some, but we finally decided we had to get the ice cream and our bowls were still luke warm. The vanilla was empty so we had to get chocolate. Like that is a bad problem, huh. I tried to put some butterscotch syrup on it, but it was empty also. I finally I loaded the ice cream with chocolate morsels. It tasted pretty good, but it melted before I could get back to the table.

Givin The Sizzler a 6.

If you want an all you can eat meal, go to Furrs Fresh Buffet in Garland at 635 and Centerville. It has an amazing number of choices of all things and everything taste very good. It's a Mitcho Good.

Mitcho
©2014

No comments:

Post a Comment